Do you have any idea how you can become a crorepati in your lifetime? Do you know how long it will take you to get there? If you’re not sure how your journey will go, a little insight into how important factors like time, rate of return, and the amount of money you save regularly are in your journey might help.
You will also be pleasantly delighted to learn that knowing the key to becoming a crorepati is not as difficult as one may think, as long as you are disciplined and not impatient.
You must practice financial discipline and have a well-defined financial strategy to live comfortably and have a financially secure future. It involves increasing your savings, making more informed decisions, and reducing your costs. All of your efforts, however, will be for nothing if you do not account for inflation while preparing your financial future.
In 15 years, is it possible to become a Crorepati?
It is not easy to become a ‘Crorepati’ in 15 years, but it is not impossible either. To reach this goal, you must have a disciplined and persistent strategy.
Holding money in your bank account unused is pointless because the economic value of the money will decrease over time. Unless you intend to participate in the game show ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati,’ you should concentrate on wealth generation by investing in high-return yielding investments. Allow the emphasis to be on money creation because your expenses will rise over time.
How can you become a Crorepati in 15 years?
Let’s say you’re 30 years old and your monthly salary is Rs. 100,000. Suppose you spend about 60% of your pay on usual monthly expenses. It leaves you with a balance of Rs. 40,000. Assuming you wish to save Rs. 15,000 in your bank account for emergencies and can afford Rs. 25,000 for investment. If you have a 15-year investment horizon and an estimated rate of return on investment of 10%, you would have a corpus of Rs. 1.02 crores by the time you are 45 years old.
As a result of the preceding example, it is clear that you will need to invest Rs. 25,000 per month for the next 15 years to reach this target. This time horizon may fluctuate depending on the rate of return on your investment as well as the amount invested. It is reasonable to anticipate that your salary will rise over time and that you will have more money to invest. As a result, you may be able to meet this goal sooner than expected.
How can you come up with a strategy to become a Crorepati in 15 years?
Here are some key elements to consider when developing a financial strategy to make 1 crore from your investments in 15 years.
- Manage your expenditure: It is crucial that you fulfill your current financial obligations while still saving for the future. As a result, you must cut back on unnecessary expenses and strive to save as much money as possible. Spending less on avoidable finance can help you to save more money for investment.
- Consider professional assistance: It is impossible for anyone to know everything about finance and investing. As a result, you should seek the advice of a financial planner to create a well-rounded financial plan that not only addresses your future goals but also addresses your current expenses.
- Invest in mutual funds: Mutual funds are one of the most profitable investment options on the market. You’ll need to identify the best appropriate scheme(s) based on their prior performance and your financial profile.
- Diversify your investments: While conservative wisdom will tell you that fixed deposits are a safe investment option, they are also among the lowest return-yielding options. As a result, you must diversify your investment portfolio with various securities with varying risk elements. It will assist you in lowering the risk and increasing the return on your investment.
- Tax Saving Investments: A variety of investment options allow you to deduct up to Rs. 1.5 lakhs from your taxable income. ELSS, PPF, NPS, NSC, and Tax-saving FD are some of the investment options that will provide you with reliable returns while also lowering your tax liability.
- Patience is key: You need a long investment horizon to achieve higher returns on your investment. A systematic and focused financial approach is required to generate wealth. Getting your investments to grow takes time, and you’ll need to be patient if you want to meet your financial objectives.
Many investors have shown that this is possible with a cautious financial strategy and well-developed financial plan. Are you up for it?
Read Next: What are the different types of Mutual Funds?
For more information, reach us at [email protected]